Software Developer Mid-Level
What you'll do
- Input: Shows competency in all aspects of development including technical design, architecture, implementation, quality assurance, and deployment.
- R&D: Thinking outside of the box, coming up with new ideas and experiments.
- Coding: In addition to being a principal contributor, you will participate in code reviews and contribute to maintaining high coding standards.
- Stretch: Willingness to wear several hats when called upon, such as addressing technical debt, working on data analytics problems, security, and infrastructure, … to brainstorming with non-technical external teams.
Our developers come from a range of education, experience, and
backgrounds. However, there are a few key things we're looking
for at Tyemill:
You are eager to learn. You dive into new
technologies; you want to be on top of the latest in web development.
You respect and yet scorn the established stack, constantly looking
out for what can best allow you to solve the given problem at hand.
You are independent and self driven. At Tyemill we
are our own managers. While others will offer support and guidance,
you will not have every minute of your day laid out for you. You
are the type of person who thrives in this environment, innovating
and progressing only because that is what you love.
You care about the domain. We all love the code...
sometimes too much. You are a person who wants to dig deep into the
heart of healthcare, agriculture, economics or finance. You not only
want to find solutions through software but understand what it would
mean for a person using our applications, enabling you to develop even
better solutions as we go.
- 3+ years of product-driven software development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and schema design.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural patterns of enterprise web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with client-side web technologies.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Bonus if you have work experience with Ruby on Rails.