Senior Software Engineer
We have created a new system model for studying the world's economy.
Our collaborative research has been utilized in applications ranging from
economic policy to financial portfolio management to workforce and community
development. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to
solve some incredibly hard problems in this domain.
What you'll do
- Ownership: Own all aspects of development including technical design, architecture, implementation, quality assurance, and deployment.
- R&D: Thinking out side of the box, coming up with new ideas and experiments. The projects we work on do not have any known solutions; stack overflow will not have the answer.
- Coding: In addition to being a principal contributor, you will participate in code reviews and improve coding standards.
- Stretch: Willingness to wear several hats when called upon, such as addressing technical debt, working on data analytics problems, security and infrastructure, … to brainstorming with non-technical external teams.
- Mentoring: Help other Leads grow a team of smart and ambitious engineers.
Technology is a passion, not something you just do at work.
You’re skilled in software engineering, full-stack development, and at an advanced level in at least one programming language.
You are a motivated self-started and not afraid of ambiguity.
You prefer a work environment with high degrees of autonomy and responsibility, with real ownership of the products and features.
You enjoy mentoring and learning from other developers -- whether they’re a seasoned veteran or a recent college graduate.
You find the problem before it becomes one.
- 6+ years of production experience as a software developer.
- 3+ years designing, building, complex, and scalable web applications.
- Expert level in modern architectures and design patterns.
- Experience leading technical architecture discussions and driving technical decisions.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.